The Revive Adserver project team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Revive Adserver v3.2.0.
The most important improvements for this new version:
- Many new translations are included, from contributions by community members in our Translations project on Crowdin.
- Fixes for a dozen bugs.
A separate post describing and explaining asynchronous tags will be posted in the coming days.
What’s New in Revive Adserver version 3.2.0?
Version 3.2.0 of Revive Adserver does not include any security updates.
We have included the following new features and improvements in Revive Adserver v3.2.0:
- Added new help dialogue for companion positioning option.
- Integrated (most) translations with Crowdin.
- Added plugin hooks to the VAST events in the VideoAds plugin.
- Added preliminary support for PHP7.
Version 3.2.0 introduces a number of bug fixes:
- Fixed issue with interstitial images (e.g. close.gif) always using http:// even when the request came via https.
- Fixed issue with interstitial layers showing even when no matching banner was found, since the introduction of blank logging.
- Fixed issue that prevented the error message screen to be displayed when trying to install or run Revive Adserver with some required functions disabled via php.ini.
- Fixed issue causing campaign revenue to be improperly parsed when using a number format different than nnnn.nn.
- Fixed a problem with the destination URL not being available for new overlay video ads, and potentially other HTML-based custom banner types.
- Fixed the size of the search popup window under Chrome.
- Fixed missing translation string from statistics screens for conversions.
- Fixed issue preventing contract campaigns to reach their daily target when TZ had a negative offset.
- Fixed a problem with “Export Statistics to Excel” not working on some platforms.
- Fixed a problem with VideoAds VAST events not properly being logged on Postgres, as the required pl/pgsql function wasn’t created during install.
- Fixed potential timeouts or memory limit issues when displaying the audit log index.
Version 3.2.0 introduces one non-backwards compatible change:
- The signatures of bannerTypeHtml/Text’s preprocessForm() and processForm()Â methods has been updated to what was actually used when invoking them.Albeit unlikely, this might clash with the definition used in some custom plugins.
Download, install and upgrade
Once downloaded, please refer to the instructions for Installations of Revive Adserver or for Upgrading Revive Adserver. Make sure that the server(s) being used meet(s) the minimum technical requirements.