This new release includes one new feature and a number of bug fixes.
Below is a list of changes in Revive Adserver v4.0.2:
- New: Revive Adserver now supports zone chaining to zones where the dimension(s) of the zone are undefined (i.e. “*”) as well as an exact match.
- Improved the handling of Email/Newsletter zone linking, to ensure that disallowed HTML banners are simply not shown in the first place when linking from the zone, and to fix a bug that allowed HTML banners to be linked to Email/Newsletter zones from the banner.
- Fixed an issue with the Client/Language delivery limitation not properly working when targeting specific territories (e.g. en_US) or targeting the broader locale when the browser is only sending locale + territory.
- Improved the warning messages used when generating Local Mode and XML-RPC invocation tags to clarify why these tags are not compliant with IAB guidelines for ad impression measurement (i.e. the ad request comes from the server, not the client).
- Fixed numerous instances of incomplete breadcrumb trails in statistics pages.
- Broken examples of Inline Video banners have been removed from the UI.
- Fixed an incompatibility with recent MySQL versions (5.7.5+) when acquiring advisory locks, due to their name being now limited to 64 characters.
- Changed misleading “Connection Window” wording to “Conversion Window” in the settings screen, to match the current usage.