In January, we announced that Revive Adserver had launched on Patreon, a crowdfunding site that allows Revive Adserver users to make a small financial contribution each month, to help the Revive Adserver project.
So far, we are delighted that members of the Revive Adserver community have started to make contributions and that, within a week of launching, we reached our first goal of $250/month – in particular, thanks to our Revive Adserver sponsors.
As a result of meeting this first goal, we’ve been able to make some great progress towards doing even more with Revive Adserver:
- The level of support that we’re able to provide on the forums has improved greatly – not only are we now able to respond to most posts daily, but we have been able to put in a great deal of effort to go through the history of unanswered posts and respond to most of them. (If you have a post that’s waiting for a response, please comment on it and we’ll respond!).
- We’ve been able to spend time working on user documentation – many of the items on our documentation “todo” list have been crossed off.
- The core team has been able to spend more time coding and reviewing community proposed changes – this week’s Revive Adserver v4.0.2 release is a direct result of the time that our Patreon sponsors have made available through their support.
Of course, there are benefits to supporting Revive Adserver on Patreon as well! Depending on your level of support, there are options to:
- Get a weekly update on what the Revive Adserver team have been working on;
- Get advance notice of upcoming software releases, to let you plan for upgrades;
- Participate in occasional “Ask Me Anything” sessions with the core team;
- Vote on (and propose) what features should be included in future releases of Revive Adserver;
- Get your (or your company’s) name on our list of Revive Adserver sponsors; and
- Help the Revive Adserver project move forward faster – especially with regards to completing documentation and developing new features!
Some of the above benefits will only become available once we meet certain goals on Patreon – at the moment, we are only $152/month away from our next goal.
Please help us meet our next goal – consider supporting us at a level that you are comfortable with. There are over 8,000 instances of Revive Adserver in use, so if everyone contributed just a small amount each month, we could easily meet not just our next goal of $500/month, but many of the goals after that!