We are proud to release Revive Adserver v5.3.0
This version ensures that Revive Adserver is compatible with both PHP 8.0 and MySQL 8.0.
While there is no new functionality in this new release, it did require a major undertaking to check and modify the entire code base in order to achieve this level of compatibility.
Here is a list of changes and and improvements in Revive Adserver v5.3.0:
- We added PHP 8.0 compatibility.
- We added MySQL 8.0 compatibility.
- We added compatibility for the MySQL ‘utf8mb4’ character set.
We also fixed a number of bugs in this version 5.3.0 of Revive Adserver:
- We fixed hourly breakdown statistics links from daily history pages not working properly.
- We added missing support for SSL connections to MySQL databases in the delivery scripts.
- We fixed multiple issues related to upgrading plugins, especially on PHP8.
- We removed a useless option to add a cache buster when generating async tags.
- we fixed an issue with the maintenance delivery rules check screen not properly working.
Non-backward compatible changes
- A PHP version equal to or higher than 7.2.5 is now required to run Revive Adserver 5.3.0 or higher.
- The mysql4_compatiblity setting has been removed: Revive Adserver will now always make sure that the appropriate (empty) sql_mode is set when running on a MySQL database.
- Support for the legacy pecl msqyl extension has been removed: mysqli will always be used instead.
- Session ID and CSRF token generation now uses CSPRNG instead of uniqid().
A more detailed security advisory is available at https://www.revive-adserver.com/security/revive-sa-2021-005/
This version 5.3.0 also contains a security improvement:
- Database password is no longer returned in the database settings form.
We recommend upgrading to the most recent 5.3.0 version of Revive Adserver as soon as possible.
Download, install and upgrade
Once downloaded, please refer to the instructions for Installations of Revive Adserver or for Updating Revive Adserver. Make sure that the server(s) being used meet(s) the minimum technical requirements.
The continued development of Revive Adserver is being sponsored by community members, either financially or in the form of code contributions. We’re very grateful for the support we’ve received. If you would like to contribute to our project, please consider becoming a patron on Patreon.com.
Another way to contribute to our project, is by using the Revive Adserver Hosted edition.