Revive Adserver v3.0.3 Released
The Revive Adserver Project Team is proud to announce the release of a new version of the popular free open source ad server system Revive Adserver.
Version 3.0.3 is available on the Downloads page of this website.
What is new?
Revive Adserver v3.0.3 introduces 6 new features:
- Preview of Flash banners now also shows the backup image, if set.
- API now supports setting chainedZoneId.
- Added support for WebM videos in the IAB Video plugin.
- Increased the maximum delay in the midnight maintenance script (from 10 seconds to 30 seconds) before calling the sync server for update information to improve load distribution on the server.
- Updated the Revive Adserver application header to replace the “Report bug” link with a more useful “Support” link (which includes details on how to report a bug, in addition to how to get support).
- Added support for hosting providers of Revive Adserver to configure a custom URL for the “Support” link in the application header.
What has been improved?
Revive Adserver v3.03 fixes 20 bugs:
- Fixed the detected product name on upgrade to correctly distinguish between older OpenX Source installations vs. newer Revive Adserver installations.
- Fixed the date format for the Spanish language pack.
- Fixed some instances of the old application name in robots.txt files.
- Fixed API incompatibilities with PHP 5.4+.
- Fixed an issue with the generation of a platform hash value which is used when connecting to the sync server to check for updates to Revive Adserver.
- Fixed encoding issues and bad translations in the Chinese language translations.
- Fixed encoding issues with some of the Czech language translations.
- Fixed encoding issues with some of the Russian language translations.
- Added (some) new Chinese translations for plugins.
- Fixed SWF plugin version requirements for v18-22.
- Fixed a bug that prevented successfully submitting the forms after a server side validation error.
- Fixed a library bug that was causing invalid errors to be displayed in the statistics screens under certain conditions.
- Added missing configuration options relating to the filenames for Single Page Call functionality to the admin user Configuration > Global Settings > Banner Delivery Settings tab.
- Fixed incorrect detection of command-line based called to Revive Adserver, so that an error message is shown when the maintenance script is called without the required host parameter, instead of displaying a PHP error.
- Fixed branding on the website Single Page Call invocation code tag page.
- Fixed the display of the license on the install/upgrade welcome screen when using a non-root based installation process.
- Fixed bug causing the last advertiser being sometimes hidden in the advertiser index screen.
- Fixed issue that allowed installing an already installed plugin, causing the plugin tables to be dropped without notice.
- Fixed logging of direct selection impressions/requests not properly working on PostgreSQL under some circumstances.
- Fixed API XML-RPC output not properly dealing with NULL values.
Non-backward compatible changes
- Email based campaign activation/deactivation reports are now disabled by default when creating new advertisers. This does not affect any existing advertiser account settings for this feature; but please be aware that the default for all new advertiser accounts has been changed.
- Removed unused Zend XML-RPC library. Make sure your 3rd party plugins bundle their own if they need it.
The OA_Sync class has been moved to the RV_Sync class; please make sure your 3rd party plugins are updated accordingly.
Download – install – upgrade
Version 3.0.3 is available on the Downloads page of this website. We also have detailed instructions for installation of the software or for upgrading from an older version. Please be sure to check the technical requirements first. If you need help, please visit the Revive Adserver Community Forums.