There have been reports by people upgrading from OpenX Source v2.8.x to Revive Adserver v3.0.0, who noticed that some or all of their plugins ended up being disabled after they completed the upgrade. In OpenX Source and Revive Adserver, a major part of the functionality of the software comes from a set of standard plugins, so it is important that these plugin are enabled after the upgrade to Revive Adserver v3.0.0 has been completed.
To ensure plugins are enabled and working, do the following:
- Make sure you are logged in with a user hame that has privileges to work as an Adminstrator
- Switch to “Working As Administrator Account” (top right hand corner of the screen), if you’re not already there after you log in
- Click the “Plugins” tab at the top of the screen
- Check the status of each of the plugins in the “Status” column.
- If any of your plugins show up as ‘disabled’, click the “Enable” link in same line. Do not click the “Uninstall” link by mistake!
This is an issue that occurs only when upgrading to Revive v3.0.0, and only in a small number of cases. We’re actively investigating the cause and aim to fix it in the upcoming release.
The cause of this issue, where plugins end up disabled after an upgrade in certain scenarios, has been tracked down and fixed.
There is a patch available on this Github page.
If you don’t feel comfortable implementing code changes, you can wait for the upcoming maintenance release v3.0.1 which is expected to be available in a few days.