You may have seen last month’s announcement by Adzerk CEO James Avery: Adzerk will end its Self-Serve Program on August 31, 2014. After that date, ads will stop serving, and users will no longer be able to log in on their accounts. Please refer to the blog post on the Adzerk site for the full details and explanation.
James was kind enough to mention a few options for Adzerk users, and Revive Adserver was listed as their only recommendation for people looking for a self-hosted ad server solution.
In early 2013, when OpenX OnRamp was shut down, many of you may have migrated to Adzerk, so it must be somewhat disturbing to have to go through a similar process once again. Fortunately, you will find yourself on familiar ground when you switch to us. As the official successor of OpenX Source, the free open source software Revive Adserver will make you feel right at home.
Some people made the move already, and according to this tweet, it turned out to be a wise decision:
— Jochem (@jocmeh) July 11, 2014
For those of you that have made the switch, and for those that are still thinking about: Welcome to our community!
Here are a few tips and resources to get you started:
- Find out more about Revive Adserver
- Please study the technical requirements for Revive Adserver
- Download the most recent version of the Revive Adserver software (did we mention it’s free!)
- Full instructions on Installing Revive Adserver are available
- We’re expanding the Documentation pages at regular intervals
- If you need help with a specific situation, refer to the Community Forums
- Revive Adserver is an open source project, you can see what the developers are up to on our Github project pages
- Stay up to date by reading our blog and following our Twitter account